Sally Port Cottage Cornwall
• Unique Property Cottage in Cornwall • 10% OFF • Travel 2021 • Priced based on 4 guests sharing.
Sally Port Cottage at St Anthony’s Lighthouse is situated at the furthest point of the beautiful Roseland Peninsula.
It is a single dwelling, reached via a 300-metre steep tarmac path leading down to the rocks from the headland above, where the car park is situated. The Lighthouse, for those of you who remember, was the location for ‘Fraggle Rock’ (the children’s television programme, shown some years ago).
The accommodation is totally private with no public access. There is an observation room, which has a large picture window and is furnished with table and chairs, and an electric wood-effect stove so that you can be snug whilst watching the worst of any storms.
• You will love it! We would happily recommend this trip to couples and adults looking for looking for a romantic retreat or a couples’ escape.
• Not for you? We have an extensive choice of Luxury collection, Boutique collection and Adult Only collection properties which will satisfy your needs and personality, Call us to discuss.
We can tailormade packages for adults, couples, families, LGBT, groups. Get in touch with us and we will suggest our best holiday experience for you organized in a very safe manner to bring back unique memories.
At Travelisto we can put together any kind of package holiday will suit your personal taste and need, Contact our well experienced and keen travellers team and you will be soon enjoying the Cornwall slow living in an adult only atmosphere!
Details about this Offer:
- 3 nights in a 2 Bedrooms Cottage
- Welcome Hamper Included: A complimentary hamper will be awaiting you on your arrival containing milk, tea, fresh coffee, bread, butter, eggs, juice, wine and cheese, along with other essential items to prepare a light snack or breakfast. There may be some regional variations.
- 10% OFF
- Priced based on 4 guests sharing.
- Ground floor accommodation: Sitting room, kitchen/dining room. Master bedroom with 6′ zip and link bed which can convert to two 3′ beds upon request with en-suite shower room (no bath). Twin bedroom with 3′ beds, bathroom with separate shower and toilet.
- Electric heating
- Electric wood burning stove
- Electric cooker
- Bose bluetooth speaker
- Telephone with honesty box
- Garden furniture
- Very close is the historic town of Truro, the capital of Cornwall.
- Enjoy a day visiting The Eden Project or The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- In summer season, a ferry boat operating regularly during the day between St Mawes and Falmouth where the National Maritime Museum is located is well worth a visit.
- The Driftwood Hotel in Portscatho is highly recommended and accepts bookings from non-residents.
- Afternoon tea at the Tresanton Hotel in nearby St Mawes is recommended, as is the Fish and Chips Night (Friday) at the ‘Rising Sun’.
- The surrounding National Trust land has wonderful walks and a bird hide, which is a 10-minute walk away, from where you can watch peregrine falcons nest, along with many other heathland and coastal birds.
About Sally Port Cottage at St Anthony’s Lighthouse, Cornwall
Access roads to the lighthouse site are narrow with limited passing places and, dependent on the season and site, there is the possibility of overhanging vegetation due to cutting restrictions during bird breeding seasons or other environmental reasons. Guests should be aware that the lighthouses and equipment need regular and sometimes emergency maintenance. Therefore, visits by maintenance staff may occur at any time during the year. However, staff will always do their best to ensure guest privacy. Guests are reminded they are renting a heritage building, therefore certain features such as steps, stairs and floor levels may not comply with that of a modern building. As such, we would advise guests to acquaint themselves with the premises on arrival and exercise caution accordingly. No barbecues, fireworks, drones, or remote-controlled flying equipment permitted. Parking – the access path to the cottage can be found behind the bird and wildlife information board on the right at the far end of the car park, opposite the property on the left. It is 300m uphill from the cottage. The steep path from the car park is not suitable for infirm or disabled guests and sensible shoes should be worn when using the pathway. (We suggest guests use luggage with wheels due to uneven surface of the path). It is not possible to drive down to the cottage. Sorry, charging of electric cars is not permitted.
More about Sally Port Cottage at St Anthony’s Lighthouse, Cornwall
Equipment and Facilities
Thing to Do Nearby
Departure/Return LocationAccommodation only - Please Call us to add transportation From Usa, Uk or Europe
Important NotesSleeps up to 4 people. Minimum stay 3 nights. Children over 14 years old are welcome. No pets allowed at the cottage. Internet access is offered at this property for recreational purposes only and is not meant for business use.
Main DestinationsSt Mawes, Truro Cornwall, UK
Incredible MomentHave an amazing breakfast and enjoy the beautiful view. Very charming place
Not IncludedFlightsGuideInsuranceInternal FlightsTransport