Write for Us | Travelisto.com
Thanks for your interest in writing for Travelisto.com – we’re always in the lookout for the sharpest minds in travel blogging and lifestyle to get fresh high quality content for our audience. Think you’re up to the challenge? Learn how you can become a contributor and benefit from the perks.
Not a travel blogger? Other ways of collaboration are also possible, if you are a journalist, a social media influencer, a professional travel copywriter or travel photographer/producer. You can submit your proposal in the form further below.
Why Should You Want to Write for Us?
Travelisto.com is a trusted source for discerning travellers looking for travel inspiration all over the world. Here are some stats showing our great results since we launched in March 2020 and it is only the beginning:
- Over 5,000 unique organic visitors during our second month (April)
- Over 4,000 active email subscribers.
- Over +1,300 Facebook and Instagram followers
- Join the journey of a company on the rise!!
We certainly promote every guest blog post we publish as we treated as if it was written by one of us at Travelisto – top priority. We do not keep it to ourselves, rather your content will get shown across all of our channels and it will surely be read and help build your authority and give you exposure.
Learn More About Us
Use these links to read more and get to know us:
- Why we exist as a company and a letter from our founder
- Our destinations around the world
- Understand the brand in our Inspiration section – our travelling styles – aka our target audience. Also check out our videos and PDF brochures
- Learn how we leverage technology to offer a seamless user experience and maximise customer engagement
What Do We Expect?
These are important things you need to know before sending us any pitch or piece of content:
- Fill out the form further below with your details and links to your published work.
- We aim to respond to all pitches, even if not the right fit for us.
- You will be able to choose a topic from a list with a lot of options – but please DO NOT write anything until we have agreed. We will also agree a deadline for revision and publishing.
- We only accept travel blog posts from destinations or activities you have experienced yourself.
- No pre-written posts – it must be original and fresh. We run it by Copyscape.
- You cannot re-post your submission on your own site
What Is In It For You?
We’ll publish the article and you’ll benefit from us sharing across all our social platforms, newsletters and partners:
- Links: You can include –
- ONE link in the body of the text (to your main URL only)
- TWO links in your bio (either to your social media or a landing page you like)
- Mention/Link to your profile when we share on our Facebook/Instagram (only once you become a regular contributors)
- Your author bio: It should be a couple of phrases with links to your social feeds and email or blog, something like this:
- We do NOT pay for guest posts.
Our Editorial Guidelines
Although we are a new travel brand our aim is to publish content of high quality whether “evergreen” articles or really current and up to date content:
- Topic: Familiariase yourself with our destinations and actual holiday itineraries we offer on our website. Choose a topic from the list we’ll provide and have our target audience in mind. Your personal brand will be shown to some thousand people so it is a great opportunity to shine – make sure your content is relevant in order to get published.
- Research: Verify that the references and suggestion you include in your blog post are up to date.
- Keyword: The list of topics will provide you with a clear direction on what keyword to highlight. These days keyword density is not as important as it used to, but stick to the intent of what brought that reader to open your blog post in the first place.
- Style: keep it professionally casual, just like us, keep it friendly and you use “you” and “I” or “us”.
- Headline: You need to write a killer headline for the topic chosen.
- Editing: We reserve the right to make minor edits (specially if you have included sales-y paragraphs) or we will ask you to edit it yourself.
These basic requests for formatting will make your contribution easier and faster to get it published:
- Write your post with Microsoft Word or Google Docs
- Use H2 and H3 subheader levels (never H1)
- Include images with 1360 pixels wide and high resolution
- Only send images we can publish: royalty free, or images you have taken and give us permission to use.
- We can love to include your videos
- Word count: 800-2,000 words per post
If you become a regular contributor – and we hope you do! – we will eventually give you access to our Content publishing tool to make it easier for both of us.
We will also need your bio for the author profile on our site. Only a few sentences and you can include one or two of your social media profiles. A head-shot or photo of you travelling are not mandatory but you can send some.
Submit Your Pitch - Fill Out This Form
[zohoForms src=https://forms.zohopublic.eu/travelisto/form/BloggersandInfluencers/formperma/9HRdpJNmxBv4U5bLA7EwWNd_Gvpvr-VrqFBFijcda7U width=120% height=1800px/]