Top 10 Things to Do in Cuba
10: Enjoy Local Delicacies in less touristy Baracoa
- Restaurant La Roca – Great local cuisine and friendly hosts, enjoy seafood and Cuban dishes even vegetarian options.
9: Enjoy the breeze in French-influenced port city of Cienfuegos
- Palacio de Valle’s Rooftop Bar: This stunning Moorish-inspired Palacio will give you the best views of the bay and the best location to cool down with the breeze and a mojito at hand. Cienfuegos is a great place to stay for one night during your Cuba Holiday or it can be visited as a day tour on the way between Havana and Trinidad or Santa Clara.
- Guanaroca Lagoon: After a boat trip, you’ll arrive to this lagoon surrounded by mangroves in the southeast of Cienfuegos. This protected natural park and you can observer a variety of birds particularly in the winter months.
8: Former capital city Santiago de Cuba, the influences that spread across the rest of the island
- Roy’s Terrace Inn: The rooftop has only 6 tables so book a day before – the atmosphere is enjoyable and the homemade food is tasty even the vegetarian options. The servers are all part of the family and they run a very friendly service. It is truly special places like this that will make your holiday to Cuba really memorable.
- Castillo de San Pedro de la Roca: An impressive fortress built to protect the bay and the harbour of Santiago de Cuba which has been beautifully restored and you can appreciate its original splendour.
7: Discover a Wildlife oasis in Ciénaga de Zapata
- Bahia de Cochinos: Be amazed by the colourful fish and coral diving & snorkelling in the infamous Bay of Pigs.The reef consists of hard coral hills spread across the sandy sea floor and it is easily accessible.
- Playa Larga: Relax with your favourite cocktail at hand on the beach at Caleton (Playa Larga) – this is beach is a great alternative for your holiday to Cuba if you prefer not to be surrounded by all inclusive resorts.
6: Rich Cultural Scene and the Revolutionary History of Santa Clara
- Che Guevara Mausoleum: The legendary revolutionary’s remains are buried at this location. Idolized as he is in Cuba, Che’s Mausoleum holds great symbolic importance and it is the centerpiece of most visits to Santa Clara.
- LGBT Club El Mejunje: Cuba is a gay friendly destination despite having a troubled past and still fighting for equality in some areas. Santa Clara was the first oasis for the LGBT community. Mejunje means “The Mixture” and they’ve been having discos and drag shows here for 20 years with a real mixed crowd of gay and trans people. It is an artsy place with a relaxed atmosphere with lots of dancing and cheap rum cocktails.
5: Walk Through Centuries of History in Old Havana
- Habana Vieja: Old Havana is the downtown area and the core of the original city of Havana founded in 1519 by the Spanish. Shortly after Havana was referred to as the “Key to the New World”. In 1982, it was recognised a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Grand Theater of Havana and Parque Central: Do not miss the visit to the Theater where the famous National Ballet company practices and performs, situated in the Parque Central which is always buzzing with local and tourists – as few blocks you find a selection of the best hotels in town.
4: Time Travel to Colonial 16th Century in Beautifully Preserved Trinidad Cuba
- Casa de La Musica: locals and tourists alike will dance salsa at the open-air. Music is a big part of Cuban life, especially in Trinidad. Musicians set up on street corners, public parks, or inside restaurants.
- Climb to the top of the bell tower Convento de San Francisco: Trinidad is a beautiful colonial town that you can’t miss on your trip to Cuba.Trinidad’s iconic landmark a small church with a bell tower. The view is be worth climbing the steps.
3: Relive the Grounds and Coastline in Cojimar that Inspired Hemingway to Write his Classic “The Old man and the Sea”
- Hemingway Memorial: For Hemingway fans, a visit to Cojimar is a pilgrimage. Here Ernest Hemingway berthed his legendary sport fishing El Pilar.
2: Experience Country and Relaxing Oudoor Life in Valle de Viñales, a UNESCO Heritage Site
- Valle de Viñales: The walks around the valley are the main reasons why to visit to Vinales. The valley is stunning. So lush and green with farmland, forest and mountains. This part of the country is for those who are really want to both relax and explore the outdoors in their Cuba holiday.
- Horseback riding through the valley: This tour of 5 hours is a unique experience. You can stop on the most spectacular viewpoints of the valley, visit caves inside born underground rivers. As this is tobacco farming land, if you are brave, you can enjoy a Cuban cigar from the hands of its growers and to be able to participate in the work of the farmers.
1: Let Yourself Go in the Groovy Buzzing Nights of Havana
- Tropicana Club Cabaret:This show first started in 1939. Great dancers and singers with incredible costumes. A good night out with the best of Caribbean rythms
- Fabrica de Arte Cubano (FAC): This is an absolute must visit! This huge venue used to be a factory and it has now been redesigned as a combination of spaces for art collections and exhibitions, various stages for all kind of performance and bars and one superb restaurant (“Tierra” – you won’t get it without reservation).
Cuba Holiday ideas – fully bespoke and tailormade
£1299 / per person
Experience Cuba’s diversity from the vibrant city of Havana to the dramatic landscapes of Vinales, from French-influenced Cienfuegos, to the charming street of colonial village Trinidad. Finish your Cuba experience…
£999 / per person
Cruise Havana’s history-infused streets in a classic car and stroll along Trinidad’s cobblestone avenues learning about the colonial past. Tour a tobacco plantation to witness how cigars are made for…
£996 / per person
A 13-mile-long stretch of ice-white sand is right outside of the front of the hotel.
£1649 / per person
A combination of Iberostar hotels, very iconic and stylish in Cuba to enjoy 3 of the best must do destinations. This is the perfect multicentre Cuba holiday that captures the…
£936 / per person
This beachfront hotel juggles family-friendly facilities with stylish, adult-focused features.
£880 / per person
A long time running family favourite resort in Varadero. An Award winning hotel re-known by a wide range of excellent amenities and high quality entertainment team with dedicated shows on…
£867 / per person
Pretty, tropical gardens roll all the way down to a pristine, paper-white beach at the Iberostar Tainos and with the kids’ club’s split by age, catering for everyone from tots…
£1649 / per person
Best Luxury hotel choice in Havana combined with superb Adult Only in Varadero at 5* Royalton Hicacos
£1049 / per person
A modern hotel in Havana, ideally located in the Vedado neighbourhood just opposite the Malecon the famous and lively waterfront.
£1649 / per person
Stay in Havana on modern Vedado and head to the amazing Cayo Santa Maria at luxury 5* Paradisus Los Cayos!
£1649 / per person
Fabulous hotel choice in Havana, conveniently located in front of the sea and little further away from the busy and noisy road of the center of town. Just 10 minutes…
£992 / per person
Fantastic all inclusive resort, Melia Internacional in Varadero has 5-star accommodations with a private beach area and water sports facilities. Among the various facilities are an outdoor swimming pool and…
£1149 / per person
Iconic and historic hotel choice in Havana, superbly located in front of the sea and little further away from the busy and noisy road of the center of town. Just…
£984 / per person
An adults- only Resort & Spa, the Royalton Hicacos sits on Varadero's virgin white sands and stays in the hearts of all guests who stay there. With a tranquil swimming…